"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 01, 2008

B.B. King: Sitting On Top Of The World

How many artists of any medium have been on the top of their profession for many decades and then produce one of their greatest works?

B.B. King is one. "One Kind Favor" is his latest album, which is not only great, but one of the greatest blues albums ever, and one of the best collections of music of all time. Well, in my opinion.

No surprise that T Bone Burnett is the producer. King is no slacker at age 76, but Burnett was the perfect choice to draw this one out of King.

If you don't run out and get this music, you may as well stop listening to everything altogether. There would be no point in continuing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Patrick, thanks for the heads-up on this. Exceptionally good tunes from the legend!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, but I feel I should point out that B.B. was 82, not 76, when the album was recorded! Makes it even more of an achievement, I suppose!

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.