"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 05, 2008

Reporting

As noted by Joe Gregorio, the AP has finally reported one of the big
lies of the current presidential campaign...

http://bitworking.org/news/363/pinch-me

PALIN: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful
spending ... and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark
spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks but no thanks' for
that Bridge to Nowhere."

THE FACTS: As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and
traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town
totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has
requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the
largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she
rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an
island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only
after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a "bridge to nowhere."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.