"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

Mobile WiMax Arrives - But Still Not In Portland

Dang.

"Baltimore got the first taste of commercial WiMAX today, when Sprint
launched service there...

At one time, Portland had been slated to be the first city to get
mobile WiMAX. Intel and Clearwire have been testing WiMAX here for
many months, but for unexplained reasons service has never arrived.
The company continues plugging away, though, and says it'll launch
here sometime by year's end."

http://blog.oregonlive.com/siliconforest/2008/09/mobile_wimax_finally_arrives_b.html

2 comments:

Bill Mill said...

I live in Baltimore. Why do I want this?

Patrick Logan said...

Convenience more than anything else - pretty good wireless bandwidth anywhere in the city (not sure about your specific coverage) from any device that has or can connect to a WiMax antenna.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.