"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spotted in Portland: Clearwire WiMax Trucks

WiMax is being rolled out now in Portland, supposedly. Here's a sighting...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/siliconforest/2008/09/clearwire_lurks.html

As I wrote previously, I've used the service in Seattle, and I like
it. The Seattle service is, or at least has been, slightly under full
WiMax. And apparently the throughput for an individual is dependent on
who's using it nearby, etc.

Still this is convenient, relatively cheap, relatively fast, wireless
anywhere in the city.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.