"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Improv

I attended the second of seven intro to improv classes at the Brody
Theater tonight. Last week was mostly group games - improv in a big
circle, mostly actions, some sounds and words. Tonight we transitioned
from whole-group action games to small group emotion and scene
games... limited to sounds and/or gestures still. A lot of good
lessons learned both classes - I won't write those here - the
instructor is emailing them and I may list them or pick a few out in
more detail if the mood strikes me.

Several of the games have involved quite a bit of movement. I have an
injured right shoulder from an accumulation of abuse, the least of
which is not my physical enthusiasm at the Oregon State game Saturday.
But I played through the pain tonight, and now I am in continuing
discomfort - and I fear a good deal of pain in the night and the
morning. I need heat.

http://www.brodytheater.com/classes.html

A lot of these games are very, very easy and fun - e.g. for an improv
session at an open space conference.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.