"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

ScalaCheck

ScalaCheck is derived from, and expands on, QuickCheck for Haskell.
Similar kinds of tools have been developed for Erlang, etc. Seems to
be useful for Java and other languages as well. I've not tried it yet,
but plan to.

One thing to note - I don't see these xCheck tools as replacements for
TDD and unit tests per se. Rather they are an addition to them, and
are more of a functional test tool. But I've not used any of the
xChecks for more than kicking the tires so far.

http://code.google.com/p/scalacheck/

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.