"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2004

Microsoft comments on Microsoft and Games

A comment from Microsoft on why you should be afraid when they enter your market. The reason is exactly the following, no matter what your market is, no matter who you are. Microsoft *gets* this, and you almost certainly do not.

I think the thing that holds them back is it's not in their DNA. Sony is a hardware company and Nintendo is an intellectual property company and we're the software platform company. It is in our DNA, and it is an essential part of our strategy. I think it will fuel incredible category growth and benefit our partners a great deal.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.