"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2004

SAP Developers in Bangalore

"We started 2004 with 750 engineers in SAP Labs India. At present we have 900 developers. Before 2004 ends we want to hire 500 engineers more," SAP Labs India joint managing director, Martin Prinz, told PTI from Bangalore.
This is *huge*, and means it's a great time to be an SAP developer in Bangalore. There is a lot of competition for these skills. Of course this is not so good news for SAP's customers trying to hold on to their experienced developers there, at current wages.

The situation is similar to the US about ten years ago, when SAP was rolling out like gangbusters across the states. Developers were hard to come by, especially those with real experience as opposed to those with just one project in one module of R3.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.