"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2005

Adventure Ahead

Robert X. Cringely writes...

Right now, there is in the U.S. venture capital community about $25 billion that remains univested from funds that will end their lifespans in the next 12-18 months. If the VCs return those funds to investors they'll also have to return $3 billion in already-spent management fees. Alternatively, they can invest the money -- even if they invest it in bad deals -- and NOT have to cough-up that $3 billion.

...so get ready for the most furious venture investing cycle in history.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.