"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Tim Brookins writes...

In case you've been living under a rock, Longhorn is platform for the next decade...

Software developers live to ship code. So delaying the first release of MBF is painful. However, as a Software Architect, I am absolutely convinced that this was the right choice. Shipping part of MBF in Whidbey and part in Longhorn would have created a system which spans two technology eras.

Interesting. There are several potential messages in this statement but I am not sure how a customer deciphers which should be heeded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Longhorn? Next decade? Maybe it will be that late!

Not that I care. The only platform with horns for my biz is FreeBSD ;-) although they are threatening to take away the horns... them other *nixes will do too.

Ex reasonably significant Microsoft Solutions Partner.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.