"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Inexplicable: Truth Held Hostage

Where's the outrage over the recent 9/11 disclosure?

In April last year, President Bush said, "Had I any inkling whatsoever that the people were going to fly airplanes into buildings, we would have moved heaven and earth to save the country. ..." The 9/11 commission report apparently found that there were indeed such inklings, which should have "raised alarms about the growing terrorist threat to civil aviation throughout the 1990s and into the new century."

We're left with a pretty good inkling as to why the president moved heaven and earth to keep it quiet before the election.

And reading about Mark Dayton...
Also adding to his vulnerability, Dayton recently delivered a stinging denunciation against the confirmation of now-Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice.
I should think Rice would be the vulnerable one. Some National Security Advisor!

1 comment:

Robin Munn said...

Well, until the text of the report is released and we have more to go on than "the 9/11 commission report apparently found..." -- I, for one, will withhold judgment.

I still remember the pre-election flap over the August memo which many claimed showed proof that 9/11 could have been prevented. Then it turned out that the actual text of the memo was "We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a (censored) service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Sheikh" Umar 'Abd al-Rahman and other US-held extremists."

If I had read that on August 6, 2001, when so far the only occurrence of planes being deliberately flown into buildings was in Tom Clancy's novel "Debt of Honor", I would also have interpreted "hijack" in the up-till-then conventional sense: hijack the plane, make demands, threaten to kill passengers unless demands are met.

So until I see the report and know exactly what it contains, I'm going to have a hard time believing anyone's summary -- because I've heard "Wolf!" cried before.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.