"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2005

BKM's

Jon Udell asks...

Why must we make everything into a rivalry? Why can't we just enjoy the best of all worlds? That's how I use programming languages, that's how I use operating systems, and that's how I intend to use this stuff too.
Because we are confused. Or at least I am. About what *is* the best of all worlds. And there is a cost to all this. Combining Python, Smalltalk, and Java is one thing. But what are the Pythons, Smalltalks, and Javas of this new industry?

When you see so much, well, stuff, being flung at the wall, why wait to see what sticks? Go with what seems simple enough and works already. Doing that much is hard enough. Let others invest in prediction.

Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future.
-Niels Bohr

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.