"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Success'ing

Ryan Tomayko writes... From the beginning, WS-* has been approached incorrectly. The approach that we're advocating is to first embrace and understand existing web architecture and then to gradually enhance (constrain) it to meet the needs of new requirements. We advocate this not because we think it's a better way to be successful, we think it's the only way to be successful. [That's some claim! Is "success" even defined in this case? -Patrick]

An example of the approach we're advocating is Bill de hÓra's recent proposal for reliable messaging over HTTP, (HTTPLR). The difference between the HTTPLR approach and the WS-ReliableMessaging approach is that Bill's proposal builds on simple proven web architecture without requiring additional apparatus.

This is interesting even inside the firewall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tried to throw some detail on "success" in this context.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.