"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Not So Bad

Jim Washington compares Python implementations of JSON, including my now-quite-old json.py. It's slow relative to the fastest implementation, but the intent always was to have a fairly clear implementation without trickery or dependence on other modules.

Bugwise it holds up pretty well to Jim's tests. I've not worked on it since JSON adopted scientific notation, and so all those exceptions about finding an "e" when parsing a number.

There are a few other problems, but it holds up pretty well.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.