"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rabbit, Run: RabbitMQ

In the too cool category, those LShift wizards come up with a doozy...

We’re proud to announce that the project we’ve been working on for the past few months, RabbitMQ, has been released. RabbitMQ is an AMQP server written using Erlang/OTP. Check it out at http://www.rabbitmq.com/ - or you can go straight to the downloads page for sources and binaries.
What a great combination: Erlang is perfect for scaling out, reliability, persistence, and so on. Plus with AMQP's binary message format and Erlang's bit pattern matching, another, em, match made in heaven.

This could end up kicking some enterprise ass. What's Iona going to use? C++? Java?

Here is the RabbitMQ Java API documentation. Erlang itself has good support for integration with Java and C.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.