"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

HTTP Is Pushy

There's a lot of rest-related stuff about push vs. pull, and how pull is just fine. I really like Sean McGrath's recent explanation of rest. I am wondering about this one thing, though...

Is there a dramatically simpler solution to the push-centric, transactional, reliable once-and-only-once one that human language has a way of veering us towards?
Just a thought: rest emphasizes that "push" does not have to go hand-in-hand with "enterprisey". Looking at the Atom Publishing Protocol, isn't the big point of APP that it *is* about "push"?

We pretty much all *get* GET, hmm? It's the other stuff we don't really *get* yet, like "A and B pushing changes into the URI space" as Sean puts it. That's good stuff.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.