"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Coding Faster, Pussycat!

I could not agree more with Dan Creswell when he writes...

Every decent software engineer knows that actually you want less code.
Yet I've seen this get turned into a desire for tools that implement systems "without coding". Unfortunately those tools often ignore the benefits of text-based code such as testability, maintainability, flexible automation for deployment, and so on.

So I definitely want less code, while still wanting "code". :-)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.