"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 03, 2005

Gartner Buys Meta

From The Register...

"This transaction is an exciting opportunity that will give us increased depth in key sectors, geographies and markets, and an increased ability to seize revenue opportunities with the addition of META Group's well-trained, successful sales force," said Gartner's CEO Gene Hall. "In sum, the acquisition will make Gartner a stronger company with increased opportunities for growth and greater resources to offer clients."
I was impressed with Meta's presence and insight at a conference they held a few years back, and with some recent content. My experience with Gartner has been spotty, but lately I've been finding some interesting white papers in their library.

James Robertson has more perspective on Gartner than I do.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.