"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Message to Tim Bray

Larry Maccherone writes in a comment...

I wanted to post this to Tim Bray but his blog didn't allow posts. I've worked with a group here at Carnegie Mellon called the Fluid project. They have developed the ability to statically assure that your concurrency model matches your code. The tools also make it trivial for you to indicate your concurrency model by guiding you in adding minimal annotations in the code (think javadoc).

The fluid web site.

The publications (including Aaron Greenhouse's PhD thesis).

I post it here as a guide to how this might be done in dynamic languages but also to help Tim out with his java concurrency issues. Could someone see that it gets to Tim?
LMaccherone ..at.. cmu ..dot.. edu

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.