"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Graham Glass on Programming Languages

Graham Glass...

"i truly believe that the days of coding software using low-level languages like java will be over in 5 years or less."
But I'm not sure what Graham means when he writes...
"frankly, i would have written glue and fabric (which would be classified as system-level software) using higher-level tools had they been available."
Graham was a Smalltalk (and Gemstone, I believe) developer before moving to Java. (Somewhere in there with he also worked with C++.) Maybe he was among the legions of Smalltalk developers who assumed it would die under the pressure of Java. Ha!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.