"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Michael Nygard on the recent Amazon S3 outage

"It's a new way of doing business, and some of the most innovative
software development, applied at the largest scales. Bugs will creep
in.

In fact, I'd expect to find more cases of odd emergent behavior at large scale.

Second, the back of my envelope still shows S3 at 99.94% availability
for the year. That's better than most data center providers. It's
certainly better than most corporate IT departments do."

http://www.michaelnygard.com/blog/2008/07/s3_outage_report_and_perspecti.html

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.