"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Use Cases and User Stories

InfoQ's got a post on whether projects should use Use Cases or User Stories...

http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/07/use-case-or-user-story

My position is why either/or?

Use Cases, in all their variety, tend to be larger descriptions of
existing or desired features. Within this larger context, the team
(developers, users, etc.) should try to break down features in many,
smaller units of work. This is usually what's meant by User Stories.

So, yeah, you need a larger context in which to understand desires, in
which to determine what the next best small units of work to focus on.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.