"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

XML: What should be native?

A discussion is taking place on this at Lambda the Ultimate. I wrote...

Agreed that programmers have to deal with XML and require better support for that.

I'm not sure what should be made "native". We're still learning about XML and related standards like XSLT, XPATH, XML Scheme, Relax NG, etc.

This is another situation where an extensible language like Lisp or Scheme, or a dynamic language like Smalltalk, can be applied without overcommiting the core language designers into decisions that make sense today but perhaps not tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.