"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2003

What's Next: Some ideas

Quick thoughts before the weekend about what's next. After a web services foundation is in place, what do you set out to do with it? What metaphors guide your vision?

  • The structured and the semi-structured are merged.
  • Everyone is able to fully participate.
  • How one participates gradually evolves and influences others.
  • Trust is associated with information and services.
  • Trust evolves.

One metaphor is formulating: Conversations. Maybe in one sense something like Conversation for Action.

Another question, what current systems and applications most closely embody these thoughts, or your own thoughts about what's next?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.