"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Jython half-assed? Nah. It's full-assed.

Russell Batie is learning Python, but I wonder if he has really tried Jython...

Basically, I can't help thinking that Java could be made to work more like Python. I mean, there's Jython, but I don't want to talk about half-ass implementing Python on Java, I'm talking about making Java more programmer friendly like Python.

Jython is a complete Python. (Full-assed?) I would argue that Jython can also be considered a "Java made to work more like Python".

Java is established. I don't want to see the language change (much) at all. Jython is the Python way of programming with the Java class libraries. The two work together well, but one should not become too much like the other.

The distinction is beneficial and harmonious.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.