"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 03, 2003

Python, simplicity, and XML-RPC

Dave Winer embeds a reference to the simplicity of Python...

I have expressed an opinion that was rejected, that what matters is what the XML-RPC call looks like in your programming language. I still strongly believe that... It's also the reason Python is one of the more popular languages for XML-RPC apps, because it has a very flexible way of creating remote procedure calls that look much like local ones.

I have taken a liking to Python over the last several months. I used to be more of a snob. Python seemed to be a grab bag of reasonable ideas that were better expressed elsewhere. The thing about Python though is it seems to work well in practice.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.