"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 01, 2003

Favorite time of year

Fall and spring are my favorite seasons because of the activity in the weather the change brings. My birthday is in March, but Halloween marks the beginning of the transition to a new year for me. Halloween, Thanksgiving (in the U.S., end of November), and then the winter solstice mark an active stretch of weather for the Pacific Northwest in North America.

January and February are relatively steady in their own ways. January can be steadily wet, and if we're lucky, February can steadily dry. Then the bulbs and buds emerge in the warmth of the February sun. (As opposed to the northeast coast of North America, where winter lasts well into March and April, even May! Been there, done that.)

Then around my birthday the winds pick up again, but more often drier than in the wet fall. More change on the way toward the mostly sunny yet mild summers of the northwest that we don't like to advertise to outsiders. (Yet you come anyway.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.