"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Composing (Avalon) and Partial Classes (XAML)

Why does Avalon at once promote composition (slides (PPT)) *and* simultaneously base XAML on partial classes, a new language construct for weaving a single class from multiple sources?

Why is composition not good enough? Or if not, why is inheritance not the next best thing? I have yet to see a rationale for introducing another mechanism for organizing object-oriented code.

Answers can go here.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.