"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

As I Suspected

From Greg Vaughn at OOPSLA 2004...

Another topic I’m seeing in various places, tutorials, practitioner reports, etc., is an analysis of what Architecture really is. One tongue in cheek definition given by Douglas Schmidt at a tutorial about the Forgotten Craft of Software Architecture is that architects are those people whose development skills are too oudated to still be developers, but don’t look good enough in suits to be managers.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.