"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Are you gay today?

Ian writes about Illinois, Kerry, and gay marriage.

My state went for Kerry as well (Oregon). Unfortunately we also went for the anti-gay vote. After years of defeating moronic anti-gay amendments, the fear mongers found one wrapped in satin the average voter could fall for.

Humorously, one could interpret the amendment as prohibiting a heterosexual from remarrying. I hope someone figures out how to enforce that. Meanwhile we face years and millions of dollars enacting measures piecewise toward providing moderate civil rights for gay couples.

Way to go, Oregon! Smart thinking. Beats solving school funding problems.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.