"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2004

Science Publishing and RSS

If TBL had jumped directly to RSS and HTTP for science publishing, could the mechanism have launched the World Wide Web the way HTML and HTTP have?

Would this approach have launched World Wide Anything, or would it still be used in isolation within some smaller community? Maybe the result would be even better. I guess we'll never know. Oh well, back to whatever you were doing before this thought.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.