"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

org.tiling.s3map.S3Map implements java.util.Map

Tom White does some tinkering...

It struck me that you could treat S3 as a big hashtable, so I tried writing an implementation of java.util.Map (built on the Amazon S3 Library for REST in Java) that uses S3 as its backing store...

So, what is it useful for? Well, I haven't actually had a use for it yet, but S3Map is really a non-transactional persistent datastore, so it could be used in many scenarios...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.