"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2007

Rotten Apple

Katie Dean wonders "if Apple lost Jobs"...

Apple has said that Jobs knew of backdated option grants but "was unaware of the accounting implications," and an internal investigation cleared him of misconduct.
Hypothetical satire follows...

Steve Jobs: "Gee, yeah, I knew we were backdating stock options to ideal dates where we could capitalize on changes in stock price that already occurred in order to enrich ourselves, but... you mean to say there is a problem with that?"

1 comment:

John Dougan said...

Well....yes. There are other places in finance where unintuitive behavior occurs. I still remember my reaction the first time short selling was explained to me. "And that's legal!?"

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.