"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Silver Anniversary

Sometime in the last year or two I passed my Silver Anniversary of using Emacs. That pre-dates even the existence of GNU Emacs. On jwz's Emacs family tree, I have used...

  • The original EMACS on a DEC-20 / Twenex
  • ZMACS on Symbolics and TI Lisp Machines
  • Gosling Emacs -- eh, ok.
  • Unipress Emacs -- on a Data General Eclipse, the only Emacs that ever sucked
  • MicroEmacs -- from Craig Finseth's family tree.
  • GNU Emacs
  • Epoch
  • Lucid Emacs
  • XEmacs
Calling EMACS an editor is like calling Earth a hunk of dirt.

Chris DiBona

I've had Emacs running for weeks on-end with buffer lists in the dozens. I love Emacs and I am ready to be more than just friends.

How Emacs works.

1 comment:

Duncan McGreggor said...

"I love Emacs and I am ready to be more than just friends."

A-hahaha! That killed me :-)

But I still don't get emacs. Most of the developers I know use it, all my physics profs used it, but vim just fits my brain, what can I say...

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.