"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 09, 2007

April Portland Smalltalk Users Group

James Foster and Dale Henrichs of GemStone will present a beta version of the talk on running Seaside in GemStone that they'll be giving at IT360 / Smalltalk Solutions in three weeks...

What: Portland Smalltalk Users' Group
When: Tuesday, April 10, 7:00 - 9:00PM
Where: GemStone Systems
See Eric Winger's blog for more information. From the blurb...
The Seaside framework provides a layered set of abstractions over HTTP and HTML that can be used for developing sophisticated web applications in Smalltalk. Seaside was developed in Squeak and ports are available for VisualWorks and for Dolphin. While the Seaside framework elegantly addresses HTML generation and application flow-of-control issues, it still leaves a few challenges for the developer-including persistence and multi-user coordination. In this seminar we will demonstrate a port of Seaside to a new dialect: GemStone/S. As a multi-user, persistent Smalltalk implementation that has no native user interface, GemStone/S provides an excellent environment for serving HTML and keeping domain objects persistent.
Subscribe yourself to the email list for the Portland Smalltalk User Group for main-lining the fun directly into your inbox.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.