"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Io Buzzzzing

I guess people are out looking for that new language they're going to learn in 2008, or something.

I like seeing the Io language get some attention. I've been reading Steve Dekorte's blog for a long time because I enjoy his posts on architecture and design, generally, as well as his policital/economical/sociological posts.

I only played with Io once, for an afternoon, several years ago with a friend who was getting into it at the time. He walked me through the basics of Io's reflection and "meta" capabilities as I typed his instructions into the repl.

What strikes me about all these aspects of Steve is the common theme of minimalism. Io certainly holds the "minimalist" point on the range of language options.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.