"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Your Architecture's Agenda

Phil Windley writes...

"Designs are full of defaults--some explicit and most of the implicit.
Programmers don't pay enough attention to defaults. Rail's "convention
over configuration" is a great example of a system that carefully
thought through defaults. 37 Signals calls this concept opinionated
software."

http://www.windley.com/archives/2008/05/whats_your_architectures_agenda.shtml

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.