"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Nintendo's early E3 surprise: Wii MotionPlus

Not sure what an "expected" surprise means, but cool...

"Nintendo this morning gave a sneak preview of one the announcements
it's expected to make at its briefing here Tuesday: The company says
the new accessory, called the Wii MotionPlus, attaches to the Wiimote,
"more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space."
Here's the news release. No word on pricing or availability. The
company is promising more details at its briefing."

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/143393.asp?source=rss

The game industry focused on graphics the way Intel focused on
instruction speed. Nintendo snuck up on the industry with controllers
as the significant innovation the way AMD snuck up on Intel with lower
power and multiple cores a few years ago.

1 comment:

Erik Onnen said...

Not sure AMD was the best analogy :)

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/213249/amd-loses-12-billion-and-its-ceo.html

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.