"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Space Black Out

"When NASA's last scheduled Space Shuttle mission lands in June of
2010, the United States will not have the capability to get astronauts
into space again until the scheduled launch of the new Orion
spacecraft in 2015. Over those five years, the U.S. manned space
program will be relying heavily on Russia and its Baikonur Cosmodrome
facility in Kazakhstan."

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_baikonur_cosmodrome.html

Really? Wow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.