"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 03, 2011

I Have Monkeys In My Clouds

I took advantage of Amazon's offer for a year of 20GB free Cloud Drive storage by purchasing an album stored directly into the cloud. So far I am happy using the Cloud Player from linux, mac, and android. And I am v.happy uploading tons of music that had been spread over several machines and largely unsync'd together in a playable fashion.

The album I purchased to enable the additional storage is The Monkeys, "Head".

The Monkeys started as a TV show, and most of their work was produced and marketed as such. But they did have some talent, and fought, and broke through occasionally as a group that could sing and perform. On "Head" they reflect on their origins.

Hey, hey, we're The Monkeys
...
The money's in, we're made of tin
We're here to give you more!
"Head" is a movie starring The Monkeys and produced by Jack Nicholson. The music is a soundtrack and a really good album in its own right. It's no more dated than the best music from the late 60s, and it's more fresh because it hasn't been overplayed. Or even played.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.