"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

A Computer Science Education for Thinking

If you are interested in computing and live near Salt Lake or Provo then Phil Windley will teach you how to think in this course that by all appearances is excellent.

I was fortunate to have a similar course with an emphasis on interpretation. Too many comparative courses are presented as a survey of disparate landscapes as opposed to a grounding in the fundamentals.

If you not in Utah, then look for similar courses near you. Indiana, MIT, Northeastern, Brown, and many others will have them.

If you are too far away then there are several on-line resources, e.g. on-line texts, Ars Digita University and some video taped courses like these from Berkeley that include Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.