"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 02, 2003

Dynamite!

Objective-C has advantages of simplicity and optional dynamic types, neither of which is an attribute of C++. A lot of people don't realize that Objective-C is part of the GCC. So the compiler and library are available for Linux, Windows, and other Unix in addition to Mac OS X.

The language also has a reflection interface in pure C, so integrating scripting languages into Objective-C applications is a snap compared to C++ or even C. You don't have to generate stubs per API. Just call the reflection API dynamically.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.