"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

North Face Learning

Phil Windley refers to North Face Learning as a pioneer in accelerated computer science education.

The kind of acceleration described by Philip Greenspun is desirable.

My concern about what little information is available at the North Face Learning web site is whether the curriculum is computer science in general or simply training on today's popular hardware and software technologies. The industry needs more people who can deeply think and create to lift us out of this technological lull and into a real Cambrian Explosion that puts previous (and not really technological) Dot Bomb Era to shame.

If North Face Learning can pull that off I will be impressed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.