"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 08, 2003

Sharepoint and Wiki

How do you feel about SharePoint? [<-- edit this Wiki page because it's easier than pointing you to a SharePoint page!] Not long ago the product was being considered a Wiki-like replacement.

My limited assessment time so far tells me I'd rather have a Wiki or a Bliki with perhaps a few small thought-out additions.

Using SharePoint results in about a 10x decrease in effectiveness for similar goals. The threshold for just ignoring a tool for me is about 2-3x decrease. I'll use SharePoint because I have to in some cases. But I am saddened that it's just there because it's from MSFT, as opposed to being there as a result of an evaluation.

Corporations don't get Wiki by and large. They're too simple to be understood in an evaluation.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.