"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

OpenAugment

One of the more interesting projects I have come across in a while, OpenAugment...

The OpenAugment Consortium is a not-for-profit open source corporation dedicated to the preservation of the Augment legacy. Founded in 2002, the consortium is comprised of a small dedicated staff and a number of research partners and associates.

Created in the 1960's by Dr. Douglas Engelbart and his imaginative team at Stanford Research Labs (SRI), Augment is one of the most groundbreaking and important historical artifacts of the software industry. Many of today's desktop and network computing innovations can be traced back to the original Augment system.

Today, the OpenAugment Consortium is taking steps to ensure that future generations will have access to the Augment legacy through this open source initiative. Please explore the rest of this site to find out more about Augment, the OpenAugment Consortium and how you can play a part in preserving this vital piece of computing history.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.