"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The Public Good

Chomsky... claims that in the last 30 years, the economy is working well because of public spending on such technologies as computers, satellites, the Internet and lasers that has fed the economy. And the wealth derived from these technologies has gone primarily into the hands of corporate masters, who represent a fraction of the American people.

I believe we need a public investment in photovoltaics comparable to the investment the US government made in integrated circuits in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Goals for distributed, local-scale, electricity generation would be far more beneficial for the US and for democracy and freedom than a trip to the moon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.