"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Toward a Victory for Linda

Mark and others have more thoughts on which analogous architecture can claim victory by correspondence with the web. I could not assign victory to Linda derived primarily from the use of rd. This is the least unique aspect of Linda, i.e. some form of it exists in every distributed architecture.

That's from the distributed architecture perspective. Now consider the prominent developer perspective. Here the victory belongs to Tuxedo. This view is client-server with transaction management in the middle. The web server is a commodity Tuxedo. This is what Greenspun figured out, but Sun did not.

Linda can claim victory when the prominant developer perspective becomes based more on inp, rdp, and out, and when the developers of the middle are more interested in their peers than their own rear ends.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.