"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Java, JVM, and Dynamic Languages

Tin Bray reports on a dynamic languages summit at Sun...

It’s pretty clear that dynamic languages are a hot area, maybe the hottest, in the world of software development. We need to do more to make them easily usable by people in the Java ecosystem...

I confidently predict that as time goes by, more and more of the code written in the Java ecosystem won’t be in Java. This is a good thing.

Looks good, based on the people who've managed to implement good dynamic languages on the JVM, and who've used them. The missing ingredient I'm wondering about is, did they try to invite some really experienced implementors of *high-performance* dynamic languages? Sun did have Gilad Bracha there with Anamorphic/Strongtalk experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And back in the day - Lars Bak

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.