"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 03, 2005

Pimp My IT Ride

Chad Dickerson writes...

Smart IT shops should limit unneeded complexity at every turn, choose their customizations carefully, and turn a deaf ear to the siren song of the perfectly customized solution...

In the heat of the moment, no one thinks about what these one-of-a-kind customizations are going to mean down the road.

Do you think "service oriented architecture" is going to solve this problem? Can solving this problem be profitable?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.