"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2005

A Secure Scheme-based OS

When I read this...

  • A type-safe abstract instruction set (MSIL) as the only system binary interface.
  • A unified extension mechanism for applications and the OS.
  • A strong process isolation architecture.
  • A ubiquitous metadata infrastructure to describes code, data, and communication.
(via this), I think of this. Obviously one has a large, ambitious team and the other represents work by a few people in a more narrow area. But a comparative analysis where they overlap would be worth reading.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.